Search This Blog

Friday 16 December 2011

Surprises

I just received a letter from a friend I have not heard from in awhile saying he had come across my blog.  I put my blog's link up on a site called 8tracks where I have made a playlist titled "For When You're Depressed" (it plays some of the songs I listed in the previous blog). I shared the the music to help people during tough days but I also put the link to this blog in order to raise more awareness. Back to the letter however, my friend happened across this playlist which lead to him sharing his story of depression with me.
It was a good reminder to why I am doing this in the first place, to reach others who have shared experiences with depression and other mental health illnesses. It is a good reminder that nobody is experiencing depression alone even though most days it can feel that way. Loneliness is my present much of the time. But it is little reminders like the letter I received that depression has effected many.
Since it has effected so many would it not be helpful for us to raise awareness together to make change happen now, so that we don't lose anymore people, especially youth to this painful disease.

Click this link to go to 8tracks playlist: http://8tracks.com/hannahelise/for-when-you-re-depressed

4 comments:

  1. i love this playlist!!! i listen to it at work and it has a lot of the artists' i love so thank you! i hope you continue to grow stronger and i'm sure you have many people that love and care about you very much!
    thanks for the playlist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling a little depressed lately and I really didn't know what to do, so I turned to 8-tracks to try to find a "happy" mix and stumbled across yours. I'm only partway through it, but I don't think I can thank you enough for both that mix and this blog. I'm going to go for a walk and finish listening to this mix. Please continue doing what you're doing, and stay with us. You're beautiful and you are touching lives (well, at least one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that this is how I found your blog, and I am so grateful for this mix and for your blog. I found your mix when I searched up depressing music and at the time it didn't exactly really improve me because I was so deep in a funk, but it most certainly gave me hope that there's always someone out there who wants to help you, even if they are a complete strange off the internet, and honestly for me that's all I need to keep on going some days. Please don't stop writing this blog, you've definitely touched many lives.

    ReplyDelete