Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Ending is the Beginning

I've been writing and keeping journals my whole life yet at the moment I'm having trouble finding a starting point. My ending was really my beginning, if that makes any sense. I guess that's the truth about depression, sometimes it doesn't make a lot of sense. As Michael Landsberg stated when talking about his late friend, Wade Belak, "1+1 does not always equal 2." I bet if you looked at a picture of me smiling in my tour guide uniform (I have a specific picture in mind) you would never guess that I tried to kill myself. I was driven to a point where being alive was far more painful then whatever else was on the other side. But I'm still here, right now, writing. And I want to get better. This is day number 10 for me with no depression symptoms. So I don't know about getting better, but I am learning to deal better. HM

To read more about Michael Landsberg's powerful statement after Wade Belak's suicide due to possible depression click on the link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375694

No comments:

Post a Comment