Search This Blog

Saturday 26 November 2011

Feeling Good

I've been feeling so much better the past while I've hardly written. Its so hard because when I am feeling fine I tend to forget about feeling depressed. Not that I want to forget, its just such a relief. So one way I am setting up a foundation for if I do get sick again is writing about these good days so that I will always remember that it does get better.
These are some other tools that help me make sure I don't fall on the other side of the fence: I try to make a schedule for myself everyday that includes being outside at least once. Fresh air is highly underrated and I've found in the past that although it may not eliminate the depression it does help numb the feeling to a degree. Having a schedule keeps me busy and keeps me from feeling I have no life and also keeps me from over-thinking.
It is extremely hard once you are in an episode of depression to bring yourself out, but sometimes doing a few of these things make it a little more bearable. On the other hand, its good to remember not to push yourself because if you get overwhelmed and expect too much of yourself that just has the opposite effect.
The worst thing is lying in bed when you're depressed but sometimes that is all you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment