Search This Blog

Sunday 11 December 2011

Music

Music has really helped when I'm dealing with depression, I have a specific playlist I use when I need something to help me get through an episode or to keep myself from falling in. I have to thank Mumford and Sons for truly helping me get through some of the tough times. They're song "The Cave" has one sentence in the lyrics which I can really relate to: "I'll find strength in pain."Another song which has helped is Float On by Modest Mouse with lyrics that say: "Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands, Good news will works its way to all them plans." I actually wrote that message on the inspiration chalkboard at the hospital before I left.
My playlist includes:
Float On - Modest Mouse
The Cave - Mumford and Sons
Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
Don't Stop Believing - Glee Cast
Alright - Shiloh
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Hard Line - Jill Barber
There She Goes - The Las

And sometimes when lyrics prove to be to much...classical music can be so soothing.

1 comment: